Hate ads? Verify for LSD+ → Learn More

Follow @lawschooldata on TikTok & Instagram

Applicant wisdom

Advice applicants left on their LSD.Law profiles, searchable by topic, school, and stats.

LSAT 166 GPA 3.89 2024–25 cycle

Attending University of Notre Dame

…few minutes after admission. Not as much as I wanted. Will negotiate loyola- got admissions email and waiting until 2/26 for financial aid. Will try to negotiate for full tuition Notre dame- got email around 3-4 PM ET. Got scholarship email a few minutes later. Will negotiate with them for higher scholarship USC-…

LSAT 172 GPA 4.00 2022–23 cycle

Attending Duke University

…$40k/year, which should be about 55% tuition. Received a negotiated increase to $50k/year using Texas and Vanderbilt offers, or about 65% tuition. Renegotiated another increase to $55k/year using the Northwestern offer, or about 70% tuition. 1/20/2023 Chicago - WAITLISTED Sixth admissions decision, 78 days- after I…

LSAT 172 GPA 3.83 2022–23 cycle

Attending University of Michigan

I applied so broadly because I wanted to try and negotiate scholarships. Unfortunately the only scholarship I was able to negotiate at all was at GULC. Looking back, I would have just blanketed the T20 + ND and ignored the rest, but I am nonetheless thankful for a successful cycle. GO BLUE!

LSAT 177 GPA 4.27 2024–25 cycle

Attending Yale University

…for all application fees and all but 10 CAS fees. Did not negotiate with any school since most got back to me after I was happy with other offers.

LSAT 170 GPA 3.94 2023–24 cycle

Attending University of Utah

…acceptance. From what I’ve heard they generally don’t negotiate scholarships. WashU (WL) - Did not submit any supplemental essays. Invited to interview in March after applying in December. Interview felt fast but went for the allotted time. Seems like a 50/50 conversion rate interviews. BYU (A) - Applied late in…

LSAT 166 GPA 4.01 2023–24 cycle

Admitted to University of Michigan

…AHHHHHHHHHHHHH I GOT IN TO U OF M WOOOOOHOOOOO (pls negotiation don’t fail me now) UPDATE 2/1/2024 - Georgetown wants to interview me UPDATE 3/1/2024 - Notre Dame law Acceptance!!!!! Woohoo!! UPDATE 3/7/2024 - wow cal does not like me UPDATE 3/8/2024 - WashU and Gtown WL. Been a rough week. UPDATE 3/19/2024 -…

LSAT 177 GPA 3.67 2021–22 cycle

Attending Washington University in St. Louis

…(for those with public service background) will try negotiate full ride if don’t receive Webster Northwestern Kira interview UT Austin Kira interview ASU waitlist 1/7/2022, LOCI 1/18/2022 UMich waitlist 2/4/2022, LOCI 2/16/2022 Cornell waitlist 2/7/2022, LOCI Vanderbilt Merit Award Why Vanderbilt Optional Video Why…

LSAT 178 GPA 3.00 2021–22 cycle

Admitted to Stanford University

…ffs. They really mean it when they say you have no room to negotiate. Don’t be surprised Pikachu by $0. 7Sage’s regression modeling “chance me” thing-a-doo is shit for outliers such as URMs and splitters, let alone URM splitters. Be careful on the internet. It isn’t just adcomms that are watching, but also your…

LSAT 174 GPA 4.00 2024–25 cycle

Attending University of California—Los Angeles

…all optional essays that pertain to you. Apply broadly to negotiate aid and don’t be afraid to ask! Consider overall COA and location when rankings and scholarships are similar, plus visit to assess personal fit and available programs.

LSAT 172 GPA 3.80 2023–24 cycle

Attending University of Michigan

…was about 50k after interest and they refused to negotiate. Twice. Many people are cavalier about the debt and may call me crazy for picking GULC, but an extra 50k that could pay the entirety of a family member’s in-state education. As someone who is the first person in their family to attend college, that meant a…

LSAT 162 GPA 3.97 2023–24 cycle

Attending Indiana University - Bloomington

…Received all fee waivers that I requested. Did not negotiate any scholarships or write any LOCIs for the schools I was waitlisted at. Withdrew from WashU in late March - I interviewed in late Oct and was essentially ghosted. I had chosen a school already and elected to withdraw before receiving a decision.